All Other Countries
You will be asked to verify the details on your Betfair account for one of the following reasons:
- When you have reached a certain discount rate or threshold (such as large deposits or withdrawals).
- When you attempt to bet on an Australian market.
Please note this will offer significant benefits as you will be able to access the complete range of Betfair products and commission discounts once your details have been verified.
How Do I Complete The Identity Verification Process (KYC)?
To complete this process you can choose either of two methods:
1. Address Validation Procedure
2. Hard Copy Document check
Please see the information below for more details:
Address Validation Procedure:
1. We will generate a unique code, which will be sent to you in a letter.
2. You will then need to send the code back to us with a copy of a form of identification via one of the following:
- Post in the pre-paid envelope provided
- Email: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact the verification team by one of the following:
- Fax: +44208 834 8011
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard Copy Document Procedure:
When it is deemed that other methods are unsuitable, we will ask that you send us a photocopy or scan of one document from each of the categories listed below:
1) Personal Identification - one photo ID from the following list:
- Driving licence
- National Identification card (photographic)
- Citizenship certificate
2) Address Verification - one of the following:
- Utility Bill (less than 3 months old)
- Tax Bill
- Copy of Bank Statement - (less than 3 months old)
3) Source of Payment Verification - one of the following:
- Betfair account registered Credit or Debit card (front only)
- Copy of Credit or Debit card account statement of a card registered on your Betfair account (less than 3 months old)
- Copy of bank statement - must have Betfair transaction or card number visible on it (less than 3 months old)
All documents must be certified as true copies of the originals by a professionally qualified community figure.
Documents can be certified by any professionally qualified person or equivalent such as:
- A lawyer / solicitor
- An accountant / bank manager
- A town clerk or civil servant (including police, fire or military officers)
- A doctor / dentist / pharmacist
- A teacher or professor
Each document must be signed individually by this certifier, who must put their name, signature and rank/title. They must certify that the document that they have seen is the original.
Please DO NOT send in original documents to be certified by the Betfair Staff.
Should you wish to avoid this and you live in the UK or Australia, the Post Office will accept and certify your documents and send their details to Betfair. This will enable you to be certified without having to send us the copied documents yourself, full details of this service can be found on our help pages.
Please be aware:
- The documents must be clear and legible and have all your usernames or telephone account ID on all documents. If this is not the case processing time may be longer and may result in temporary account suspension.
- Use the highest resolution available on your fax machine (recommended resolution supported by most machines: 'Photo').
- Please send scans in JPEG or GIF file formats only with a maximum size of 10MB per page.
- For your personal security please blank out all digits except for the last four of the account and card numbers, leaving the start and expiry date visible.
- Please send documents that state your residential address. Regrettably, documents addressed to a PO Box number are unacceptable for validation.
You can send these documents via one of the following methods:
- By fax
UK: 0208 834 8011
International: +44208 834 8011
- By E-mail
- By Post
Be Pro-Active - Verify Your Identity
We also encourage customers to actively seek to complete the verification process.
You do not have to wait to be asked to complete the process. We encourage customers to do this in order for you to benefit from being able to access the complete range of Betfair products and commission rates once your details have been verified.
We hope that you find this variety of methods to complete this process helpful. But if you do have any questions please email us at r&vteam@Betfair.com